Certified Coding Specialist
Brooklyn Park, MN
Date Posted: October 4, 2013
Join our physician owned, multi-specialty, multi-location clinic in the northwest suburbs of Minneapolis. North Clinic has been serving our community for more than fifty years. We are committed to our mission of providing and delivering quality health care at an affordable cost to our patients and referring professionals. We seek to hire dedicated healthcare professionals who share our high standards of patient care.
We are seeking a full time Certified Coding Specialist. The Certified Coding Specialist will be responsible for selecting appropriate service and diagnosis codes for proper billing and reporting of services performed. Works with the providers of North Clinic to ensure proper coding and documentation of services rendered. This position provides an opportunity to work primarily from home and rotate to work in the office in Brooklyn Park.
· Completion of a coding program or equivalent experience required
· Knowledge medical terminology, ICD-9, and CPT required
· Certification from AHIMA or AAPC required within one year of hire
· Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office products is also preferred
· The candidate must be prompt, responsible, extremely well-organized, independent, and exhibit good people skills.
· Prefer experience with an applicable computer based electronic medical records system(s)
You will have the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of healthcare through rewarding and challenging assignments and opportunities for advancement.
If interested you may fax your resume to 763-587-7746 or e-mail it to: firstname.lastname@example.org by November 4, 2012.